Skip to main content

Suggestion for Intel Pentium M

More
17 years 4 months ago #18896 by puneetvig
Hi,

I recently bought Acer Travel mate c202 series with Intel® Pentium® M processor 740 (2 MB L2 cache, 1.73 GHz, 533 MHz FSB). I need this for RND purpose (install virtual machine and server 2003), also for music and game upto centain extend. You may find tech specf.

www.acer.co.in/products/notebooks/tmc202.html

My concern is regarding Intel® Pentium® M processor, whether it is okay for me?
Is there much difference in Intel® Pentium® M processor and Core Duo 2 processor?

thanks and regards
Puneet

See Ya!!!!!! Cheers
Puneet
More
17 years 4 months ago #18898 by DaLight
Your laptop spec with the Pentium M is a decent spec while not being lightning fast. It's OK for R&D as you say although it's a different world from the Core 2 Duos which are effectively dual processor machines with larger caches and faster Front-side buses.
More
17 years 4 months ago #18901 by puneetvig
Thanks for the reply.

This laptop is for personal use and i have already upgraded RAM to 1GB. I use it mainly on weekend. I am expert in OS and not that much hardware Literate. Actually I was suppose to buy Sony Vaio with Core Duo 2, but after seing this laptop I change my mind. Though, It is very expensive and run over my budget. Also, it has awesome feature and meet my requirement, preety much satisfied.

Now I m very much concerned about processor, will it cause any problem in future?

See Ya!!!!!! Cheers
Puneet
More
17 years 4 months ago #18902 by DaLight
The 1GB of RAM will definitely help especially when hosting virtual machines and while a Core 2 Duo would have given you a performance boost, I don't really forsee any major problems.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds