Skip to main content

Mirror Image of Hard Disk

More
18 years 2 weeks ago #13811 by sujo
How to create mirror image of Hard disk using RAID method.
More
18 years 2 weeks ago #13814 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic raid image
The first way to make a perfect copy of your hard drive, quickly and seamlessly, is to use good hard drive image software. A great example of this type of software is True Image from Acronis, which is complete imaging software that helps anyone make a perfect image of their hard drive and save it anywhere, even the hard drive if they want to. Of course there are also many other types of software on the market, and all are just as unique too. Just be sure to choose a good one, because if you don’t, it could end up being the biggest mistake you ever made on your computer.

If you are a little more technically inclined, and have some knowledge of installing computer parts, then you could always use the RAID method. RAID, which stands for Redundant Array of Independent Disks, requires you to install another new hard drive and can be used to make a perfect mirror image of your current hard drive, which will always be up to date by the second. There are many different levels to RAID, but if you were using it for hard drive backup purposes, you would use level 1. Level one is called disk mirroring or duplexing, and this level will write data to both hard drives simultaneously, so when something happens to one there will always be the other one to fall back on.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
18 years 1 day ago #14129 by kunaltyagi
For more information about RAID levels u can visit this link :

compreviews.about.com/od/storage/l/aaRAIDPage1.htm

I'm an artist by living --- my art is my life
More
17 years 10 months ago #15046 by SmartDude
thanks for this nice info

Share the Knowledge, make a master being a Master...
Best Regards,
SmartDude
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds