Skip to main content

Can not See Raid Drives

More
18 years 1 month ago #13651 by chandak76
Hi,
We Recently got a new server with 4 Raid drives that are 200 Gb each,but I can not seem to see the other 3.I can only see 1 which has 2 partition where the os is installed.The ting is i would like to mirror one drive to another and can not seem to do that since i can no see the other drives.

The other thing is that There is also a HP Storageworks Ultrium 232 on the server,I've installed backup exec 9 that I used on my old server but backup exec can not see the tape drive.

The old server was using windows 200 server and the new on runs ob windows server 2003

Thanks in advance
More
18 years 4 weeks ago #13665 by Biggystumps
Hi Chandak76,

In regards to your RAID issue, what type of server are you using? and are you doing a software or hardware based RAID? It sounds like hardware, so you should have an RAID configuration CD and if you boot of that CD you can access the RAID config tools.

Another possibility is that it doesnt sound like your RAID controller is being detected on startup. Watch during bootup to see if there is any error msgs or the name of the RAID controller.

let us know any of the above info and we will be able to help assist you.

MCSE - MCSA
2003 certified
More
18 years 4 weeks ago #13666 by ccnaorbust
:idea: I dont know if ur running hardware or software RAID- but a friend of mine had a similar problem configuring RAID on a SATA enabled m/b running WIN 2003 advanced server. He could'nt work out why the config would not run properly-turned out to be THE MAKE OF hdd's (Maxtor)-The m/b simply did'nt like them on SATA RAID. There's a good lesson to us all to check the HCL for different hardware configurations. Hope some help :)
More
18 years 4 weeks ago #13667 by chandak76
Im running a hardware raid,and I've got the configuration CD but the problem is,the server is already up and running,will the configuration of the raid drives affect the OS?The server is running on the IBM SE7520BD2 board.
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds