Skip to main content

Internal Routing

More
19 years 8 months ago #4746 by Avante
Internal Routing was created by Avante
I have two PC's next to each other, the one (PC1) has a network card connected via a cross over cable to the other. The next one (PC2) has a network and a wireless card.
The connection between PC1 and PC2 is perfect.
The connection between PC2 and the wireless network is perfect.
Is it possible to access the wireless network from PC1 via its connection to PC2? In other words then PC2 will act as a router between its wireless and ehternet cards.
Both are running on Windows 98 SE.
More
19 years 8 months ago #4747 by nske
Replied by nske on topic Re: Internal Routing
In win 9x/ME you can do this only by 3rd party software such as Winroute or wingate. I believe they are both commercial though..

PS. I assume you are satisfied by your win98 pc, anyway I can't help to recommend that for server or routing jobs you move to NT-kernel based windows (if you must use windows).
More
19 years 8 months ago #4748 by Greenice
Replied by Greenice on topic Re: Internal Routing
Check a product called 602 LAN Suite at www.software602.com/products/ls/ . I use it to share my cable internet connection with a few extra pc's at home. The product is free to use for the first 5 users, and it claims to support win98.

Cheers.
More
19 years 8 months ago #4872 by kreichek
Replied by kreichek on topic yes it is possible
Hi,
If the connection from the wireless is accessing some other network say internet then u can access the same net connection from PC1 using the ethernet connection on PC2 via routing the data packets to the wireless connection.

U can use winroute or analagx proxy for the same.

warm regds
kreichek
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds