Skip to main content

WI-Fi Password how it hacked

• truesdq
  • Topic Author
  • I am simple and have friendly nature
More
12 years 2 months ago #37785 by truesdq
:cheer:
As it is possible to get hacked Wi-fi Password , when guy finds neighbor's wifi SSID and trys to connect and provides passwords if correct then got connected , if not then no connection
So when some trying to hack the password by some special cracking s/w , my question is as s/w has such signal that it will persuade the wifi router/device to provide the password or every frame is contained with password along the way traveling to the and from the wifi router ?
OR maybe Someones who are authenticated users who know password and at time when they need to connect to the wifi router/device , and provide the correct password and when this password goes along the way , the hacker cracking s/w capture that :silly:
Anyone who will help me clearing my concept
thanks in adcance

simplest
More
12 years 2 months ago #37794 by TheBishop
The password is carried over the air when devices connect successfully, but it's encrypted. The cracking tools have to be run until they have captured enough packets to enable the crack to succeed
  • truesdq
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #37795 by truesdq
@TheBishop
it means that if a authenticated user trying to connect to wifi Router/AP , and the hacker cracking program will capture his password (and catch other frames as well to find the decryption ) on the way traveling/flying through air to wifi AP, if this the case then if authenticated user already got connected then no such user (who 1st time enters password ) in the way from whom password could capture , yes frame is/are available and can decrypt to plain text after finding the key...
but password ...
i am still confused
please help me

simplest
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by truesdq.
More
12 years 2 months ago #37800 by TheBishop
I'm confused as well now.
By 'password' do you mean the authentication string used by the client to establish a connection to the access point, or do you mean something the user is typing in later than that?
More
12 years 2 months ago #37803 by Arani
Just trying to figure out, what we are discussing here, is it the SSID encryption, or encryption of the user logging into a network via an access point. First I thought it was the SSID hack, but then I got confused as well. From your last commend I started thinking in lines of DOS attacks using someone else's login details, etc.

I used to be Arani, now I'm confused!!!

Cheers

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
  • truesdq
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #37805 by truesdq
!@TheBishop
not data frame/s , ( e-g ,to be hacked the cipher text to decrypt your credit card no.)
i mean the wifi router/device password , to hack what the AP password is...

@Arani
SSID to hide will be better than encryption SSID which will be Broadcast in nature (by default)

simplest
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by truesdq.
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds