Skip to main content

IPhone configuration

More
12 years 10 months ago #37034 by next_virus
Need to configure IP phones for an organisation. Gone through the technical knowledge of this site, but it was not clear for me. This will be the first time I am configuring VoIP for my organisation.

I want to know the following.

1) What are the requirements.
2) How can remote offices can be connected (they are already connected through IPCL & VPN (as backup)
3) Is it possible to make long distance call beyond our network? How?

I am just preparing for this so might be possible that I will reply late.

Thanks
Alok
More
12 years 10 months ago #37045 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: IPhone configuration
Alok,

Those three key-point questions are very good ones. If I sit and answer them the way I'd like to, I probably won't need to write 5 future articles we are planning to cover on VoIP :)

In short:

1) Cisco router (2800 series) with IP Services and above IOS. In case of the newer 2900 series routers, you'll need the Unified Communications (UC) License installed to enable VoIP services

As you read on our knowledgebase, a router with the correct IOS will basically allow you to configure CallManager Express on the router.

From there, you need IP Phones and a solid network, preferably with vlan support so you can place your IP Phones on a different subnet/vlan.

2) Considering you have two CallManager express routers, one at each remote office, and you have a VPN tunnel between them, then all you need to do is create a dial-peer that will tell the local CCME to send its requests to the remote CCME when a remote extension is dialled.

3) Surely. IF you use SIP Trunking, you can terminate your CCME to a SIP Provider and enjoy free long-distance calls - this too will be covered in the near future.

Since you haven;'t got any experience yet (as stated), I'd highly recommend you start working with CCME on a local scale first, so you can understand the concepts of voice-ports, dial-peers, ephone, ephone-dn and more.

Good luck!

Chris.

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
12 years 10 months ago #37048 by next_virus
Replied by next_virus on topic Re: IPhone configuration
Thank you very much Chris for your response.

Waiting for the next articles on VoIP. Hope it will help a lot for me and others in installation and maintaining the VoIP.

Currently I will take help of some vendor for installation & maintaining.

Regards
Alok.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds