Skip to main content

ILO configuration on HP DL160 G5.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #36656 by next_virus
Hi,

I hv configured the ilo ports on my server, but unable to ping the IP. Even I am not getting the MAC on the switch port where the ilo is connected.

I hv even tried on different ports, changed the data cable, upgraded the firmware and BIOS but all these didn't provide the solution.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #36669 by next_virus
:(
Not a single reply????
:(
More
13 years 1 week ago #36713 by Nevins
Honestly I have not had much time lately so sorry for the slow responce. Ilo (integrated lights-out) is something I've honestly never seen before but it looks like an awesome tool once you get it going.

h18013.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/remotemgmt.html

From what I gather is it's esentially a remote management tool that works only with HP proliant servers. The main bonus for using proliant servers being embeded management services using asic chips.

So if your doing remote management I really have to ask more background information about the system that your trying to manage.

Is the iLO management server physically in the same building as the iLO client?

If you replace the iLO devices with standard IP devices can you get them to ping eachother? (essentially checking to make sure cables from end to end could work)

My thought is at this point you want to eliminate the network as an issue by confirming it works before you ever hook up the proliant server thereby leaving only configuration of the client/server as a possible issue.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
13 years 1 week ago #36715 by next_virus
Thanks for your reply Nevins. I have raised this call with HP. They are looking into the problem. This Friday they have done the same procedure (eg. updating the firmware, BIOS etc) which I have earlier done. They have also changed the motherbord. They are still investigating the root cause.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds