Skip to main content

Please I need still explanation ...

• truesdq
  • Topic Author
  • I am simple and have friendly nature
More
13 years 1 month ago #36503 by truesdq
(1)
need some1 to write me Explanation of Collizon domain & BroadCast domain ... i studyd it but nop i got wt exactly meant by both of teze?

(why switches are considered that they segmented and reduce collision and and as VLAN where added that 1 of the advantage of VLAN iz as it reduces collision domain)
if switchez doing thiz task then one shouldnt add it to VLAN
if VLAN haz this advantage then switchez hav no role 4 reducing collision
but in Lan if ip iz removed ..there wll no communication b/w or among devicez
which givez proof dat only MAC addss cant wrk properly in LAN if no ip addresez
then why v saying only MAC addss can do all IN LAN if no ip addrss there..???
plz i still under confuzion to make any concept about datalink layer or mac and swichez for ip??
i thinking any1 wll give some simple discribshan and example to clear my concept about it...

(3)
if session layer responsible for establishing connection b/w devicez then why transport layer iz responsible for establishing too.. specialy if v talking about UDP dat it jst makez establish connection...

( i think if talking about trasport layer then it meanz dat atfer wen session layer made connection b/w devicez then transport layer responsible 4 delivery of the packat or frame to dat traget device ...)

:roll: :roll: :roll:

i think the above all are very basic concepts ... 1 must be know fully what meant by all these ...
but unfortunately my concept still not clear about these all ...

simplest
More
13 years 1 month ago #36505 by Nevins
Try to keep in the same post:

www.firewall.cx/ftopict-8142.html

Additionally posting in the right forms would help. This is the Windows and DOS fourms not the basic networking forums.

edit: re-ask your question in that fourm I'll try my best to answer.

Useful Threads
================================
www.firewall.cx/forum/2-basic-concepts/3...e-resource-page.html
More
13 years 1 month ago #36535 by S0lo
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN MOVED TO "Basic Concepts" BY MODERATOR

(1)
need some1 to write me Explanation of Collizon domain & BroadCast domain ... i studyd it but nop i got wt exactly meant by both of teze?

(why switches are considered that they segmented and reduce collision and and as VLAN where added that 1 of the advantage of VLAN iz as it reduces collision domain)
if switchez doing thiz task then one shouldnt add it to VLAN
if VLAN haz this advantage then switchez hav no role 4 reducing collision

A Switch sends frames (packets) only to the right destination physical port. While a Hub broadcast frames to ALL ports. This is why a switch reduces collisions, and a hub increases collisions.

VLANs are like virtual switches, so they also send only to the right port. So adding more VLANs will decrease collisions too.

One thing here that might confuse, is the Number of Collision Domains. When you have say a 16 ports Hub, you will have only 1 collision domain, But when you have a 16 ports switch, you will have 16 collision domains, 1 for each port.

Increasing the Number of Collision Domains does NOT mean increasing collisions. Infact, it means decreasing collision.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
  • truesdq
  • Topic Author
  • I am simple and have friendly nature
More
13 years 1 month ago #36551 by truesdq
thanks SOLO

if switch has 16 ports and probably it w'll have 16 collision domain so what it meant by 16 collision domain ...
as thinking about it might be getting like it would had 16 colliding ...
please brief to me about it furtherlly...
(i hope u will try to ans me the rest of the others Question too)

simplest
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds