Skip to main content

I can't load IOS for 2960

More
13 years 11 months ago #34470 by mustangznz
Hi! I need help'
i tried to load the IOS by using the transfer menu of hyper terminal from the tftp to the CISCO 2960 but the answer is " no responce from the remote system"
Regards.
More
13 years 11 months ago #34472 by TheBishop
Check the tftp server is really up on the PC
Then check whether you can ping the address of the PC from within the existing IOS on the switch
Then check the TFTP server is configured to use the directory where your new IOS is stored
And if none of the above reveals the problem, make sure the filename of the new IOS is exactly as you are typing it including any extension
More
13 years 11 months ago #34473 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Yes, check all that Bishop suggested. I had the same problem a couple of days ago, and immediately realised that I had setup the tftp server as receive only. Make sure it is setup as receive and send mode.

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 11 months ago #34476 by mustangznz
Dear Arani!
the tftp is up but the issue is, no command is accepted even when i tried to use boot. only the error that show the missing of the flash is rise. in ther side, the file is exactly the one which i copied from the related switch of 2960 which is active.
More
13 years 11 months ago #34477 by Arani
Replied by Arani on topic ...
Check if the tftp server is pointing to the correct defautl directory. Check for the correct filename. Look for the obvious errors which can get overlooked sometimes
It's the simplest errors that gives you the complex problems

Picking pebbles on the shore of the networking ocean
More
13 years 11 months ago #34487 by Losh
Replied by Losh on topic Re: I can't load IOS for 2960
Try the above recommendations first, but if push comes to shove;
you might want to consider the xmodem method. Its a bit time consuming but still gets the work done.

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~