Skip to main content

CCNP certification

More
14 years 1 month ago #34174 by Losh
CCNP certification was created by Losh
I wanted to know whether cisco can allow someone to be ccnp certified by combining both the old and new curriculum. e.g doing the BSCI ,ONT, ISCW from the old curriculum and then for the last module do the new SWITCH curriculum. That is of course complying with their old curriculum deadlines.

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~
14 years 1 month ago #34175 by broadcaststorm
As far as I know, all that's changed for BCMSN is the name. It's become Switch. Everything else seems to be the same, so I can't see why not. Cisco.com would be the place for that advice though.
I'm hoping to get a look at the new course cirriculum next week and if I get a chance, I'll compare my BCMSN book to the new Switch book.
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #34384 by broadcaststorm
Having now seen the Switch course, it's very much as was, except multicsting is no longer a subject. Not much to worry about at all in fact! Subjects covered over and above CCNA include IEEE802.1S, which is MST, Private/Secondary/Community and Isolated VLAN's/ports, Layer 3 VLAN's and Inter VLAN routing, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, basic IP Telephony and QoS, 802.1X, a bit of wireless... and I think that's pretty much it.
That said, don't underestimate the subjects. As always, they are definitely harder than the IT Training providers would have you believe ;)
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds