Skip to main content

Setting up asa firewall and linksys router

More
14 years 2 months ago #33770 by matoposb0y
Hello everyone, I am a newbie and I am having a problem setting up a network and would appreciate any help that you may be able to offer.

I initially set up my broadband connection into the asa ethernet0/0 and my router to ethernet0/1. All computers connect to the router then the asa then the internet. It was all working fine when I decided to set up vpn and it all fell down and now nothing works, not even the internet. I have disconnected the asa and now have the internet go directly to the router which works fine. I have reloaded the default configuration on the asa via the command propmt using the tutorial from this site and it still wont work.

This is the first error I got:
myasa(config-if)# ip address dhcp setroute
ERROR: Failed to apply IP address to interface Vlan2, as the network overlaps with interface Vlan1. Two interfaces cannot be in the same subnet.

My linksys router has an ip addy of 192.168.1.1 and so does my asa, could this be the problem? I changed the linksys to 192.168.1.2 but it did not help.

I also tried to configure the asa with a static ip address, but that did not work either.

Does any body have any ideas on how i could set this up, or what I am doing wrong? Any help or reference to relevant literature would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance - Matoposboy
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds