Skip to main content

Internet Speed

More
20 years 1 month ago #3375 by chandak76
Internet Speed was created by chandak76
Hi,
I run a LAN with +- 40 clients,with a mix of ms 2000 pro and xp pro.We connect to the internet via proxy server at our isp.we've got a cisco 1700 router and an stu on our site.What I would like to know is that is there a way that i can tell what speed we get from our isp coz we jus uped our broadband from 64k to 128 but the speed seems to be the same.the other thing is that is there software you would recommend for me to check which ip address is actually slowwing down the internet.Please help
More
20 years 1 month ago #3376 by Jack
Replied by Jack on topic Re: Internet Speed
ChanDak76 ---

For bandwidth test go to www.2wire.com/ and click on “Bandwidth Meter”.

Not sure what you mean “what IP is slowing down the internet” But if you need to know what your WAN IP is try whatismyip.com/ or my favorite ipchicken.com/ .

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #3377 by chandak76
Replied by chandak76 on topic chandak76
Hi,
What I mean is which client on the network which could be slowing down the network(a client that might be downloading some big file or using some file sharing software.
Thanks again
More
20 years 1 month ago #3378 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: Internet Speed
Hmm you can install some network monitoring software on your LAN which will give you an idea of who is using what bandwidth...

Etherape or something similar should be able to give you an idea.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 week ago #3711 by IFTY
Replied by IFTY on topic Re: Internet Speed
try......

ISA server with GFI add-ins....through this u can monitor and control all the activities of all clients...
More
20 years 1 week ago #3722 by tfs
Replied by tfs on topic Re: Internet Speed
Or if you are on a switch - look at the lights.

That is normally a dead giveaway.

Thanks,

Tom
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds