Skip to main content

no ip route command not working?

More
14 years 2 months ago #33656 by kchong_14
Hi all,

I am having difficulties trying to erase an ip route I have set for a router.

When I do a show run on my router I see that there is an ip route configured ( ip route 9.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 9.9.9.9).

I now want to erase this ip route, so I used the command no ip route 9.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 9.9.9.9. But this is not erasing it, when I view the show run again it's still there...

When I try to erase it it tells me no matching route to delete.
When I issue the show ip route command I dont see the route..
It's soo strange because I am not able to erase it from my config file....

what is wrong here?..

Thanks,
Kennet Chong

Kenneth Chong
More
14 years 2 months ago #33664 by S0lo
Did you forget to save your config to NVRAM after you delete the route? Like this:

[code:1]copy run start[/code:1]

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
14 years 2 months ago #33669 by Losh
check also if any permanent static routes are configured.

~ Networking :- Just when u think its starting to make sense......... ~
13 years 11 months ago #34617 by kanna84
Ip route means? what are the process done by this section....? Am very new to this site.. Please explain it to me... Also i check my ip address from here www.whoisxy.com/ @ free of costs..
More
13 years 11 months ago #34625 by broadcaststorm
The config the OP is talking about is a static route.
It looks to me like the proper command is being issued to delete it.
It seems that the route is being removed from the routing table as it no longer appears when sho ip route is run, but it still appears in the sho run output. I reckon it's just an abberration. Clear it out with no ip route, then copy run start, then power cycle the router, assuming you haven't tried this already. If you have, do a traceroute to see if packets are actually using the static route after it has gone from the routing table. If the route is still in use after a no ip route, try clear ip route * and force the routing table to be rebuilt. If none of that works, I have no idea!
And please tell me this is a real router, and not Packet Tracer or GNS3 or Boson Netsim :roll:

Ip route means?

IP route, when issued at global config, configures a static route. You must include a destination IP and subnet mask and a next hop IP address. No "processes" are required. The config looks like this:
Router(config)#ip route 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0 172.16.10.10
It translates as:
"To send a packet to the 192.168.10.0 network, route all packets addressed to that destination via the interface with the ip address 172.16.10.10.
To ensure two way routing (in other words to enable replys to be received from the 192.168.10.0 network), the destination network must either be configured with a corresponding static route, or it must have a routing protocol running that learnt the return path. Usually a return static route is the preferred option.

Also i check my ip address from here www.whoisxy.com/ @ free of costs..

And?
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds