Skip to main content

Proxy

More
14 years 6 months ago #32357 by blajah
Proxy was created by blajah
Hello,
i was wondering is there way to use ADSL router as a proxy from a corporate network?
NIC information:

IP adress : 10.2.43.228
Subnet 255.0.0.0
DefaultGateway: 10.2.43.1

Also i have an ADSL router on IP 10.2.43.235.
So, when i change a default gateway address to 10.2.43.235 i have no problems with internet access ( all corporate filters do not have influence on me ). But with such a configuration, i am not able to use any of corporate resources. I was thinking is there any way to use that ADSL router as a proxy in my browser settings? Appreciate any suggestion :D

Here we go again....
More
14 years 6 months ago #32360 by Kajitora
Replied by Kajitora on topic Re: Proxy
I have never heard of a ADSL modem that can act as a proxy, but there probably is one out there. That being said, the following assumes your running Windows.

What you could do is do a little old fashion route manipulation on your box.

What you could do is set your default gateway to the ADSL box then add routes for all your other private networks. So say you use the 10.x.x.x in command prompt do the following.

route ADD 10.0.0.0 MASK 255.0.0.0 10.2.43.1

So anything destined to a 10x address will go to your 10.2.43.1 and everything else will go to 10.2.43.235.

itgamers.blogspot.com
More
14 years 6 months ago #32361 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Proxy
Although I'm not sure I got the topology of your network pictured or the details of the question. But if you mean proxy in the SOCKS sense, then at first, the proxy can't be your gateway. The proxy is a server after/behind the gateway that all packets get directed to.

Kajitora's suggestion can work. You could also add that static route to the ADSL router with IP 10.2.43.235 itself instead of the PC. That way you don't have to do it on all your PCs. The ADSL router will forward corporate traffic back to the 10.2.43.1, and the rest will go by the default route to the internet.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds