Skip to main content

PC is responding very slow when conneting to Network

More
15 years 4 months ago #28489 by prabhuk
Dear all,

In my company the PC's are responding very slow when conneting to Network.( All th applications like MS word,excel are very slow). If I unplugg the network cable, everyting responds normally.

Hardware: HP Destops.

Please suggest the solution.

thanks
Prabhu K
More
15 years 4 months ago #28499 by S0lo
This can happen for a number of reasons. You need to narrow it a bit. First aid, I'd Plug the network cable and press Ctrl + Alt + Del and go to Task Manger. Do you see the CPU usage going to 95% to 100% all the time? If so, what process is taking the highest CPU time?

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 4 months ago #28500 by Chojin
Also check your name resolving.
Could be that you're trying to resolve names via a DNS server which isn't responding (this can take ages :))

CCNA / CCNP / CCNA - Security / CCIP / Prince2 / Checkpoint CCSA
More
15 years 4 months ago #28503 by talk2sp
hey prab i hope u don't have silent processes running in the background like download managers, etc. u did not state the version of the Office applications. well if it is 2k7 try make sure ur update is not running..

another thing work on ur windows update not to install files automatically cos the update process can also slow those office apps cos they also need to be updated (clip arts, fonts, etc)

Download - spybot Search and Destroy - www.filehippo.com , update and run to check for spyware. do this if every other thing i stated does not change ur situation...

cheers son

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 4 months ago #28510 by Kajitora
Are there any other PCs connected to the switch that have the same issue?

From the networking side of things, the only thing that would cause a normal Windows box to slow down, atleast that I can think off, would be a broadcast storm on the switch it is connected to. With broadcast, they have to be forwarded up to the CPU to see if they are relevant to the PC or not, so this can cause issues for the connected PC.

itgamers.blogspot.com
More
15 years 3 months ago #28683 by Rockape
Something else to think about is what time is this happening? Are all the users trying to logon at the same time? if so, then it may simply be "volume of traffic" that is slowing everything down.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds