Skip to main content

transfer files with out ftp

More
15 years 4 months ago #28392 by networkr
i have 2 hosts , a switch and router connected to each node and a router in the middle. i have their source and destination address and default gateways.my question is how can i send a file across to the other hosts across the cloud and another router in between. i cannot use an ftp client because i cannot add an ftp server nor turn one of the hosts into a server. the file is very small im thinking about encapsulating it into a pdu with a tcp protocol and creating a session between the two.
More
15 years 4 months ago #28401 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic if its wat i think....
Networkr if u said u have their gateways but u did not specify if their gateways are same. well if they are same then i will suggest from host 1 and u need to connect to host 3. first ping the 2 diff addresses to make sure u can connect / establish a connection.

Open my document and in the explorer tab u type- \\host1 that's if the name of the computer is host1.

You don't need to turn anything into a server u just have a small network. play around with it.

Note: If u have firewall or internet security enabled on the system u trying to transfer a file u might encounter a problem it has to be disabled b4 u connect.

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
15 years 4 months ago #28410 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: if its wat i think....
As talk2sp mentioned. You can use Windows builtin file sharing.

Open my document and in the explorer tab u type- \\host1 that's if the name of the computer is host1.

May I add that you can also use \\IP\c$ too. So If the IP of the other PC is 192.168.2.2. You can type \\192.168.2.2\c$ in explorer's url bar and get access to the local C drive of the PC (c$ is the default share that is accessable by administrators).

If you don't want to use the default c$ share. You can create a shared folder on the other PC. Just create a new folder then right click on it then click on [Properties] then click on the [Sharing] tab and enable sharing.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 4 months ago #28413 by MatthewUHS
If any of that above is beyond your scope, load AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) on both machines and send the file via AIM (or any other IM product that allows file transfer).

Wires and fires has become wireless and tireless.
  • gagamboy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
15 years 4 months ago #28419 by gagamboy
Replied by gagamboy on topic Re: transfer files with out ftp
You can also use Teamviewer application, installed on both sites (PC) then you can now do file transfer, just take note of the Teamviewer's ID of both PCs.

www.teamviewer.com/index.aspx

Cheers!
Gagamboy
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds