Skip to main content

types of cables

More
15 years 8 months ago #27178 by pram
types of cables was created by pram
hello, I just want to know what and which type of cables are used in an aviation industry for an intranet setup? please brief me abt tat.

Regards
Pramod
More
15 years 8 months ago #27190 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: types of cables
I assume that your looking for Ethernet cabling here. As long as the budget is not a problem, I read that "Tyco Electronics" has something specially made for that: findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_hb4822/is_200609/ai_n17602390

Otherwise, You could also consider those types:

S/UTP: Screened unshielded twisted pair
STP: Shielded twisted pair
S/STP: Screened shielded twisted pair

"Screened" means that there is a metal shielding covering the wires together. "Shielded" means that there is metal shielding over each individual pair of copper wires. So That last one of the above 3 is the most immune to EMI (Electromagnetic interference).

Ofcourse, fiber cable is totally immune to EMI. But fiber has it's issues regarding price and installation.

There might be other factors like temperature, humidity that you should look further into. I haven't tried or being asked to do cabling for aerospace purposes before. So this is just a kick start info. You better investigate more to find the safest cabling for your situation.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 8 months ago #27199 by pram
Replied by pram on topic Re: types of cables
Thanks a lot for the reply. and 1 more thing can u just brief me about Rj-45?
More
15 years 8 months ago #27202 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: types of cables
Your always welcome.

RJ-45: Registered Jack-45. An eight-wire connector used commonly to connect onto a LAN, usually Ethernet. More here: www.nullmodem.com/RJ-45.htm

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds