Skip to main content

Does anyone know a good site for comms info ?

More
15 years 9 months ago #26914 by Starfire
Does anyone have links to a good site(s) for WAN comms technology ?

What I am looking for is the types in comminications wiring (uk) / devices and overall technology behind the whole process of incoming/outgoing communication links to a site. Especially the different wirings/devices used.

I've finally got a proper job in networking again which is purely comms only (it's a very big site), which is great as it is one of the foundation stones of the field of networking and I have been desperately searching for a full on comms (not networking) only site but to no avail. Lots of "yes we can do it for you" type sites but no actual sites but I cannot find anything on the carying comings and goings of data.

As always, any info is greatly appreciated.

Star.
More
15 years 9 months ago #26932 by toddwoo
I can't say i've ever seen a site with that kind of "all enclusive" info in one place. And i've looked for a (us) counter part.

Do what I did start building your own whenever you find something... take it. and keep a local copy not just a bookmark...( well bookmark too)

T
More
15 years 9 months ago #26938 by S0lo
I've been interested in WAN technologies although I don't work on them yet. I read the LightWave magazine: lw.pennnet.com/

And you can subscribe FREE here: www.omeda.com/lw/

You can also check/download their latest issue here: online.qmags.com/LW0708/

Hope that helps.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
15 years 9 months ago #26942 by Starfire
Thanks guys..

Getting information on telecommunications is really tough strangly enough especially considering that all our data coming in and out of the site seems to be dependant on it.

There is lots of info on what to do once you have the connection at the demark point but not very much on the physical connections in/out of the building..

I will keep looking and mebee get some good info together for Chris to put in another section on the Networking drop down. That would be kewl considering the amount of knowledge I have personally got from that drop down.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds