Skip to main content

Cisco Services

More
16 years 6 months ago #23996 by Benny
Cisco Services was created by Benny
HI,

Is there any command i can execute in cisco router/switches to identify the services running on it?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Benny
More
16 years 6 months ago #24002 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Cisco Services
I'm not sure what you are after, but:

The show processes exec command displays your router's CPU utilization and a list of active processes along with their corresponding process ID, priority, scheduler test (status), CPU time used, number of times invoked, and so on. This command is also very useful when you are evaluating your router's performance and CPU utilization.

More
16 years 5 months ago #24040 by Benny
Replied by Benny on topic Re: Cisco Services
Thanks for your answer.

Actually, i want to know is there any command which shows the list of services like http, cdp,dhcp, running in a router/switch.

I know we can identify it by looking at the router configuration. But still, i'm just asking it for my information, whether there is any command for the same.

Regards
Benny
More
16 years 5 months ago #24086 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: Cisco Services
I think show process will show you something close to what you want... But I'm not at a router to test.
More
16 years 5 months ago #24359 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: Cisco Services
I stumbled upon this:

With the introduction of Control Plane Policing features (available from 12.3(4)T), you can easily inspect all the open ports (servers and clients) on a router with the show control-plane host open-ports command, resulting in a printout very similar to the netstat -a printout on a Unix/Windows workstation.For example, on the router where I've configured BGP, HTTP server, NTP and DHCP, this command produces the following output (a session to a BGP neighbor as well as a telnet session was established):
R1#show control-plane host open-ports
Active internet connections (servers and established)
Prot Local Address Foreign Address Service State
tcp *:23 *:0 Telnet LISTEN
tcp *:80 *:0 HTTP CORE LISTEN
tcp *:179 *:0 BGP LISTEN
tcp *:179 10.0.7.2:43962 BGP ESTABLIS
tcp *:23 10.0.7.2:18036 Telnet ESTABLIS
udp *:67 *:0 DHCPD Receive LISTEN
udp *:68 *:0 BootP client LISTEN
udp *:123 *:0 NTP LISTEN
Notes:
• This show command does not display non-TCP/UDP servers (OSPF, EIGRP, RSVP) or even some UDP-based services (RIP).
• Although I was considering writing about CPP for a long time, Artur Szymanski was the one that brought this command to my attention. Thanks!

[code:1]
show control-plane host open-ports
[/code:1]
More
16 years 5 months ago #24361 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic Some kind of answer
for DHCP and some other services you are looking to view it's

#Show run

#show DHCP bindings

#show ip route

#show ip protocol

#show Vlan ?