dear friends
im especting a fastest repaly for this
plzz help me
regards
abdulla :cry:
More
20 years 3 months ago #2342 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: bandwidth
Hi abdulla could you tell me which Cisco router you're using ? Implementing bandwidth quotas should be possible quite easily on most decent SOHO and up Cisco equipment. Could you post your startup-config here so we can see what connection you're talking about ? Edit out the IP's from the config before you do though.

Have you checked out the Cisco site ? They have some really good documents on setting things up.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 3 months ago #2347 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: bandwidth
abdulla,

The amount of bandwidth you can allocate from a leased line depends purely on your agreement with the provider.

When we are talking about a leased line, we are usually in the Mbit
s range, for example, 1 to 4 mbits in most cases, though there are much higher speeds available depending on how much money your company is willing to spend.

To give you an example, here at our office, we have a 1 Mbit leased line to the closest large city. This connection is also encrypted to ensure noone is sniffing data passing through it.

On each end of the link, there are two Cisco routers, one Cisco 3700 and one 1700 series router.

The link we are using is a Frame Relay, which means that the 1Mbit link is our CIR - Commited Information Rate. This is the amount of bandwidth our provider guarantees us, and also allows us to use packet bursts, which I've seen go upto 2Mbits for a short amount of time - this is a function of Frame Relay, which opposed to other WAN protocols, like ISDN, allows you to use more bandwidth than what your paying for - but for short periods of times!

If you require more specific information, you can prodive us with more details.

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 3 months ago #2361 by UHSsncmrm
Replied by UHSsncmrm on topic bandwidth allocation
Abdullah,

You can can use qos features on the router to guarantee (prioritize) the traffic on that tunnel. or setup sub intfcs with specific BW requirements and point the tunnel to one. Remember to filter with ACLs if it is publicly advertised.

There are many easy plug n play appliances which will help also. Packeteer's Packetshaper 1500 can be found cheap, second hand. You can partition by IP, class of service, port#. Perabit has a model also as does RADWARE and a host of others.

A scapegoat is often as welcome as a solution...never memorize what you can look up.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds