Skip to main content

subnet tutor; worth it?

More
16 years 8 months ago #23223 by stteng
I was hoping if someone had any experience with the program named 'Subnet Tutor' written by the company: Innovative Software Concepts, Inc.

I want to know if this program is worth $30 price. I am really interested in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
stteng
More
16 years 8 months ago #23224 by GTM
Replied by GTM on topic Re: subnet tutor; worth it?
I have never used the program so i cant comment on its pros and cons but in my opinion it depends how you intend to use it. By this i mean if you want it to learn subnetting then i personally would noy pay for it as there is plenty of free info on the net including this site on the other hand if you intend to use it to make your life a bit easier in a working environment then why not every little bit helps.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23254 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: subnet tutor; worth it?
I tried a bunch of different methods to get comfortable with subnetting. Sections of my CCNA book, the cisco site, forum pages.. the info on this site... But nothing worked, nothing made it "click" until I found this.

www.sadikhov.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=38227&hl

For some reason this made it "work" in my mind. I would suggest trying everything out there thats free before trying any pay service/program. I was probably a few days away from trying Subnet tutor, i was frustrated.

If you can't find anything that makes you "get it" keep looking because just knowing the facts isn't enough.. You need to have it "click"

couple other quick links.

forums.cisco.com/CertCom/game/binary_game_page.htm?site=celc
---this is a fun way to get comfortable with the numbers--
testbusters.net/tcp_test1.html

www.joshgentry.com/networking/subnet.htm

and there are TONS of others out ther.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23258 by KiLLaBeE
don't make subnetting bigger than what it is (i.e.: so big, that you have to pay money to learn it). majority of people have issues learning it and there are hundreds of topics on this forum about it. you are not alone. you are in the group of people who don't understand it at first and have to seek more info on it to grasp it.

I think the trick to finding the right source is finding one that will explain it to you in a language you'll understand (not language as in, english, spanish, greek, etc) and one that will present it in a way that you'll understand. Sometimes, you just have to search all over the place and read from different sources (because different sources will explain it differently) until you get it.
More
16 years 7 months ago #23280 by stteng
Replied by stteng on topic help please
Somebody on a cert forum [TCP-Mag?], said that he used Subnet Tutor as practice for getting so good at subnetting that [he could do it in his sleep!] He advised to use it daily for a period of time (getting shorter each day hopefully) so you can get fast and accurate at subnetting. I realize that subnetting isn't a major part but anything that can make me faster is helpful.

(According to the [cert's post], there are an infinite number of questions so that you just don't remember their answers. Is that right? According to another [cert's post], the three questions on Subnet Tutor's demo (3 question trial) are the same but on my version, there were different ones! I don't know what to think.)

I know that all Subnet Tutor sales with the company that sells Subnet Tutor are FINAL.

I would like to know what experience people have had with Subnet Tutor.

Thanks in advance
stteng
More
16 years 7 months ago #23281 by skepticals
Here is a source with unlimited questions: www.subnettingquestions.com/default_int.asp
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds