Skip to main content

WAN upgrade question

More
16 years 8 months ago #22814 by psiclonius
Hey Everyone,

My company is currently using a business DSL. We are growing at a steady rate and will probably have about 175 users by the end of the year. We also have a remote office that is using a DSL line also with about 25 users, and will most like grow to about 65 users by years end. The remote office is using a sonicwall T170 and we have a site to site VPN setup.

Our home office is currently using a pix 515e (ver 6.3) as the gateway and a 2610 router on the inside. We are planning to upgrade to an ASA model and I was wondering what would be the better WAN solution to connect the growing users? Also what hardware should I be looking at?

My plan was to upgrade our main office and replace the sonicwall with the pix 515e.

Thanks in advance
More
16 years 8 months ago #22831 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: WAN upgrade question
Are you at the max offering for your DSL? I'm a big fan of keeping it simple. Upgrading to the max speed offered by your provider might be the best move...

Verison (phone company in my area) offers Up to 7.1 Mbps /768 Kbps depending on what everyone is doing at that office.. that could be plenty...

A local cable company offers 1.5 Mbps/ 1.5 Mbps for business class.

Something to think about...
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds