Skip to main content

subnet and network

More
21 years 3 days ago #188 by henry_kosikin
Hello Chris,
I just find this site and I just learn the subnet topic [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img], it is very easy to understand but I have some question.
1. If I just join to one big company and have so many PC, there is a tool to scan all the network and IP with different subnet?
2. I just learn about communication ways between subnet, how about communication between network? Let says I have 5 PC with network ID 192.168.0 and another 5 PC with networkID 192.168.1 with default netmask 255.255.255.0. It is same with subnet communication ?
3. Different network can not communicate each other without interface, let says I try PC with IP 192.168.1.5 and other PC with IP 192.168.2.10, if I ping from one PC to other PC its failed. But why if I browse from Network Neighborhood (Win98), one PC can communicate with other PC and sharing files? So what is the meaning can not communicate between network?
4. Last question [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img], in your example about how to communicate between two different network, how about if each network use different subnet mask? Or each network must use same subnet mask?

Thanks,
Henry

Thanks.
Henry
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds