Port configuration

More
17 years 6 months ago #17512 by westwindshelley
How can I view which ports on the router are open for me and which are not

In God we trust but for everything else we need data
More
17 years 6 months ago #17521 by Dove
Replied by Dove on topic Re: Port configuration
in show port command itself you can find these details.

If the port is connected to some device then it will show "connected" otherwise it will show "Disconnected". If its administratively disabled then it will show "Disabled"

Dove
More
17 years 6 months ago #17524 by eylli
Replied by eylli on topic Re: Port configuration
do you mean for communication throught the router
More
17 years 6 months ago #17700 by westwindshelley
Replied by westwindshelley on topic port configuration
how can I know which ports on the router are open for me and which ports are not.
Is the same concept be applied for the virtual ports in the windows os

In God we trust but for everything else we need data
More
17 years 6 months ago #17803 by jaffer
Replied by jaffer on topic Re: Port configuration
HI,

what do you mean by ports ? Are you talking about physical ports (interfaces) ? or application ports ? ( ex: telnet for 23).

If you talking about physical ports. use the command "show ip interface brief" . It will tell you which ports are 'up' (already connected ) and which ports 'down' ( not yet connecetd or may be problem in the existing connection ) .

so the ports which are in 'down' state may be the 'open' ports in the router. :)

--Jaffer
More
17 years 6 months ago #17804 by jaffer
Replied by jaffer on topic Re: Port configuration
HI,

what do you mean by ports ? Are you talking about physical ports (interfaces) ? or application ports ? ( ex: telnet for 23).

If you talking about physical ports. use the command "show ip interface brief" . It will tell you which ports are 'up' (already connected ) and which ports 'down' ( not yet connecetd or may be problem in the existing connection ) .

so the ports which are in 'down' state may be the 'open' ports in the router. :)

--Jaffer
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds