Skip to main content

Frame Relay - bandwidth and flow control

More
17 years 10 months ago #15485 by asab
Hello there, sorry to bother you lot,

A friend ask me to describe the following as BRIEFLY as possible...

Frame Relay bandwidth and flow control.

How would you guys answer that in an interview as briefly as possible?

I think it would be difficult.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.
More
17 years 10 months ago #15493 by subha517
Hi asab,
In Frame Relay,depending on the allocation of BW(permanent / temporary),the Virtual circuits are categorized into PermanantVCs and SwitchedVCs. In either case, there is something called CIR(Commited Information Rate), where the frame that belongs to particular VC is Discard Elegible(DE set to1) incase of congestion if the info rate of that particular VC at any time exceeds CIR.This is how flow control is done in Frame Relay as far as my knowledge is concerned.
Regards,
Subha517
More
17 years 10 months ago #15545 by asab
Thanks for responding subha517,

Is it good to answer question in a interview short and snappy?

Or should you go into detail?

I've just completed my Cisco Academy Network Program and I'm going to be going on a whole load of interviews. I'm a bit worried. :( What kind of questions did you get at your interviews?
More
17 years 10 months ago #15574 by Bublitz
So far my interviews haven't been that technical. They only want to know generally if you can or can't do something or have expirence with a certain technology. So you'll usually get tag teamed with a HR person(know nothing about Networking) and a manger (thinks they know about networking) hehe that has generally been my expirence. This of course depends alot, but I've never had to go even close to as much detail as subha517 has.

The Bublitz
Systems Admin
Hospice of the Red River Valley
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds