Skip to main content

My neckbones connected to my backbone...

More
20 years 6 months ago #1529 by hierophant
Hi,
I was wondering, when a network has a connection to the internet backbone, does that mean that it is at the "highest" level in terms of inter-autonomuos system routing?

(ie, it has an entry in the highest level international routing table floating around - 90k nodes isnt it?)

Cheers! :) Was just curious.

ripper of a site by the way.
More
20 years 6 months ago #1537 by sahirh
Nice question :) I think Chris would probably know the answer.

Glad you like the site. You could write us a nice little review at Alexa if you're feeling kind ;) look at the top right corner of the page, there's a 'review this site' link.

Hehe I'm shameless !

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 6 months ago #1542 by hierophant
Shameless indeed!! :)

I will definately write a small review sometime... I already link you from my website - not that its anything other than a collection of personal links, but.. eh!

At the moment I am descending into an examination period thuogh, so maybe not for a few weeks.

I hope Chris knows the answer!
More
20 years 4 months ago #2196 by UHSsncmrm
It would only be at the "highest" level if were connected directly to a NAP. If it was connected through an InterNAP or via proxy with an ISP backbone, it would not have an entry amongst the internet routing table entries. (I don't think) Chris would probably know for sure. (I think) Maybe you could look on ARIN or IANA for a whitepaper.

A scapegoat is often as welcome as a solution...never memorize what you can look up.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds