Skip to main content

DSLAM Basics

More
16 years 6 months ago #23625 by talk2sp
Replied by talk2sp on topic i feel updated...
Jah bless u ranger.. i feel updated and still reading...

BORN TO BE GREAT

c0de - 3
Take Responsibility! Don't let failures define you
More
16 years 6 months ago #23698 by techsavvy
Replied by techsavvy on topic Re: DSLAM Basics
its great to learn here
More
16 years 6 months ago #23699 by techsavvy
Replied by techsavvy on topic Re: DSLAM Basics
please neatly explain what is dslam in brief
More
16 years 6 months ago #23732 by Ranger24
Replied by Ranger24 on topic Re: DSLAM Basics
Hi Tech Savvy,

This thread should have given you a good idea of what a DSLAM is but here is more:

1) DSLAM is piece of equipement designed to supply multiple Digital Subscriber Lines (DSL) to customers and providing those lines with connectivity to an ISP for WWW.

2) DSLAMs are normally housed in a chassis within an equipment rack, and consist of a number of cards, or plug in units. These typically are a CPU card, DSL interface cards and Gigabit ethernet cards (for ISP connection).

Hope this helps. If not start at page 1, make a list of questions, and next time I am passing I'll try to help.

br

R

Patience - the last reserve of the any engineer
More
16 years 5 months ago #23787 by taqqi14
Hi Ranger!

We setup a DSL setup in which we have Paradyne IP DSLAMs terminating via E1s to BRAS (Cisco VXR 7206 Box) .Now i've created one vlan per subscriber on dslams to segregate the traffic of different users but the problem is that when one subscriber is already transmitting traffic on say vlan 1 the other subscriber cant even connect to the dslam say on vlan 2 . Now i try putting all the subscribers on the same vlan then simultanous communication begins flawlessly. Tell me whts the reason of failure of simultanous transmission from different users having different vlans?
Do i have to create subinterfaces on BRAS (cisco 7206) having each subscriber to terminate at different subinterface? But we dunt want inter-vlan routing .Wht to do now...
Help will b appreciated.

Rgds

Taqqi
More
16 years 1 month ago #25481 by ossankara
Replied by ossankara on topic good one
it opened new door of my understanding towards internet connection
thanks bhai(means "brother" in our language)

i have a doubt on modems can u clear it up plz
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds