Skip to main content

Power Cable that can be use to transmit data

More
18 years 4 months ago #11919 by dwyane
Hi guys.. :D
never heard of this kind of power cables... i do know abt a modem (LCM100 AC/DC Power Line Modem ) that can send digital full duplex data over power lines..

if this is the case u can check for the link below...
www.data-linc.com/powerline.htm

cheers... :D
More
18 years 4 months ago #11929 by Tracer
You got that right The_berzerker and ultimate-Presence. I've never thought that it is possible but you know it's already there. I'm just thinking if there is a posibility of using it in LAN. Putting up a small home network and securing the LAN. I need to do alot of research about this stuff.
Thanks to all of you guys!!!!! :D :D :D

More power to Firewall team..
More
18 years 4 months ago #11931 by Rockape
More
18 years 4 months ago #12218 by naughtypaul
Hi Every one

A concept of Networking over Power Line Exist and is also used in the cornes of our globe.. Its called as "Power- Line Networking " . Here some Infiormations about it.... Hope this helps

1. Power Line Networking works only over 110 Volts
2. The maximum speed of Power Line Networking is 14 Mbps
3. All devices under s GRID will be able to hear the data passing thru... Which means your neighbour & his neighbour and onnnn can hear & process your Data.
4. There also exist a Secuity mechanism in it... Its a Data Encryption.
5. There are many companies who still market such products.

Study Link ::

computer.howstuffworks.com/power-network.htm

Product Link ::

www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=viewCategory...de=EN_USA&cid=13

Thx
Paul 8)

Thanks
NaughtyPaul
More
18 years 4 months ago #12223 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Power Line Networking
I can confirm that this technology exists and works. For obvious reasons the electricity supply utilities would love to get onto this as a way to boost their revenues - have a look at www.homeplug.org for example. But at present there is no widespread takeup, just a few kits available for networking within the home.
As to the security aspects of pushing data around your power lines, according to current information the system uses a certain level of encryption but basically ypou are right - your data could quite easily end up in someone else's house along the street
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds