Skip to main content

Wayback Machine <link>

More
20 years 1 month ago #3286 by Jack
Ever wish you could check out a homepage thats no longer available, say from 1995 or so? Well now you can, check out:

www.archive.org/

And while you are there check out Firewall.cx and check out or humble beginnings, when Chris was “Chris P” And he even had this posted for a while:

“My hobbies include spending alot of time developing this website, trying to put online more material for you guys to read, listening to a lot of music such as Yanni, Vangelis, Enya and Greek music. I love sleeping... in fact I do it every night - and day when I am supposedly too sick (sleepy-lazy) to go to work :)

Glad you removed that Yanni thing Chris. :)

web.archive.org/web/20010518200015/http://www.firewall.cx/

Jack Burgess,
Firewall.cx Staff
News Editor / Forum Moderator
www.jacksjunk.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #3287 by sahirh
Avenger on Efnet.. I didn't know you were an IRC chap Chris. I used to hang around Undernet years ago when a fonecall here was just Re.1 regardless of how long you were on for.

Btw check out redhat.com in the archive.. its funny.
Awesome link Jack... I wonder how many personal homepages that people would be terribly embarassed by now are in there !!

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 1 month ago #3324 by Chris
I don't know how I missed this post, Sahir just brought it to my attention!!

I couldn't believe this site - its got most of the old screenshots from humble Firewall.cx!!

I use to spend countless of hours on Efnet, overtaking channels and running irc scripts like Lice and a few more which I cant remember anymore. I use to hang around in #Aussiwarez, #Crossroads, #Vault and a few more.

Those days are nothing but memories now .. but good ones! I remember I use to stay up till 7am, playing Quake online and then calling in sick at work cause I needed to get some sleep!

Well done Jack, awesome site!!!!!!! 10/10

Oh and yeah ....Jack... Yanni still rocks :) heheheh

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
More
20 years 1 month ago #3325 by sahirh
hehe taking over channels.. now thats something i havent done in a while. I even remember the winnuke days when you could crash someone with a BSOD by sending OOB data to port 139..

damn the net was more fun before the .com boom what say ?

the first time i ever logged on i was using a student shell account and i was surfing the net through the silly windows post-dial terminal screen -- yes in that tiny window !! (i didnt know better ;) and the only thing I could think of was... damn this is an overated waste of Rs.500.. cant wait to disconnect and get back onto the BBS's with their slick ANSI graphics lol

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds