Skip to main content

Help on book

More
18 years 10 months ago #9117 by The_Berzerker
Help on book was created by The_Berzerker
Hey guys, i'm thinking about getting my mcp and since i'm going to obtain mcsa/mcse later on i chose Exam 70–290: Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment. Does anyone have a good book to recommend for self-study?? and any other material would be nice
Thanx
More
18 years 9 months ago #9138 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Help on book
Anyone??
I really need your advice guys, there are so many books on this exam at ebay and the reviews are awful.
I'm waiting....
Cheers
More
18 years 9 months ago #9191 by burzikak
Replied by burzikak on topic Re: Help on book
I read the mcgrawhill book for 70-290 and passed (also attended a night class) For other exams I have used MS press books, mcgrawhill and Sybex. I Still class 70-290 as the hardest MS exam I did.

what you get out of a self study book depends on your experience (perhaps the ones on ebay got bad reviews because the people trying to sell them didnt understand it) and on the author, McGraw hill have had some shockers.

Personally I would recommend the MS press books as they are no more expensive, you usually get a eval copy of windows and some practise tests which are good. Most importantly, they MS books dont just cover how to pass, they are more thorough in explaing concept and best pratices, that said, the down side of this is you will be reading stuff you "wont need in the exam", this is outweighed by the benefits of learning about the product, not just learning how to pass.
Note that some books may be not be updated to cover the simulations in the revised MS exams, not a major thing if you know your way around windows though.
More
18 years 9 months ago #9193 by The_Berzerker
Replied by The_Berzerker on topic Re: Help on book
Thanx for the reply burzikak, i've heard tha ms self-study books are not good and that they lead you to attend a class.... A lot of people recommend the syngress book www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1...ng=UTF8&v=glance
if anyone has read it or heard about it please provide me with info....
Cheers
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds