Skip to main content

Certification - How hard is it

More
20 years 6 months ago #1141 by tfs
As we mentioned in some of the other posts, the old books are still fine for most of the test. The format is different and there are a couple of things that are different (a couple of new concepts but about 85%-90% or more is going to be the same).

So you are not going to lose anything by studying the old books and using their practice tests.

You will just need to get the information about the new concepts - which I assume would be fairly easy to get.

Cisco has quite a bit of information on their site about the exam.

There is also a couple of reviews of the exam here:

certcities.com/editorial/exams/story.asp?EditorialsID=79
certcities.com/editorial/exams/story.asp?EditorialsID=80
certcities.com/editorial/exams/story.asp?EditorialsID=77

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 6 months ago #1566 by kalulu4
Replied by kalulu4 on topic Aids to success
Well am doing it now, could anyone like recommend the succes tip for this course coz judging by the stats most pple are just rewinding the exams.
Thanx in advance
More
20 years 6 months ago #1603 by sahirh
Well success will depend on knowing your stuff well enough to answer under the pressure of a clock. A lot of the questions recycle quite often so you should focus on those. First hand experience doing this stuff really helps -- if you've never touched a router or at least used a simulation, you're probably gonna find the test a lot harder than it is, and the labs will probably really screw you.

That said, Chris pointed me to this site
www.celticrover.com/tig/ccna/ccnareviews.asp
its got very very good tests and labs.

Then again don't listen to me till I pass my recert in the next few days ;)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
20 years 6 months ago #1611 by tfs
Let me just 2nd what Sahirh said.

You really need to have experience with a real router or a good router simulator. There is no substitute for experience.

How are you studying for it now and when are you taking the test?

Thanks,

Tom
More
20 years 5 months ago #1616 by kalulu4
Well am starting saturday classes on 8Th november till december 20 for my level one, which will take approximately 70 hrs. am made to understand that i will have to sit for an online exam when i finish my level four.
Apparently looking at the links given in this forum, am inclined to think that its mostly the lab session that count since ave encounted the concepts of routers and all that in a previous networking coourse.
Well guys you comments and suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thanx guys..
More
20 years 5 months ago #1617 by tfs
What type of course are you taking?

Are you doing Cisco academy?

In their courses, 4 of them, you do everything online, except for the hands on labs. You have a test after each chapter online and a semester test at the end of the semester. You also do a team project for the 3rd and one for the 4th semester. You do a semester test at the end of the 4th semester and then a comprehensive test covering the 4 courses.

You then have to take the CCNA, although you can take it at any time.

Cisco (or the college) expected us to alread have a Network + certification before taking the course. I assume similar to your previous course.

Thanks,

Tom
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds