Skip to main content

Im now CCNA! my advice inside...

More
19 years 3 months ago #6965 by hmmz_2000
Congrat blackgoth.

In regards to Odoms omissions and not helping prepare you for the lab sims.... this is another reason why I suggest getting lammle's book aswell. On every chapter lammle has a Lab Configuration section, everything you learnt in that chapter he shows you how to do it in the IOS. Its really nice and helps alot I think.
As I said, both books have little bits missing, both of them together work REALLY well.
More
19 years 3 months ago #6970 by pothead
hey hmmz,
"I write all my subnetting before the exam ie. all of the powers, up the 2 to the power of 14. all the 256- and the multiples of 16 and 32. thats pretty much it! "

this is what i was asking about...what exactly did you write down....i was confused on that... i got that u wrote down the answers for 2^n, n being 14..but i was a bit confused on the 256-..did u write down the mutlitples for ALL seven of the subet masks? and why only the multiples of 16 and 32..... thanks for responding though.....sorry if this seems stupid....but i made the msitake of taking the time and converting everything to binary, which screwed me over time wise....thanks again....
More
19 years 3 months ago #6990 by kronos_3000
first of all hmmz CONGRATS !!!

I do agree with u that both authors have some stuff missing & u need to refer each others books....The reason Lammle's book is great (SYBEX CCNA FAST PASS) is because the amount of simulations he will make u practice...just get ur hands onto Network Visualiser or Boson Netsim....& thats sheer bliss ....

The other thing Hmmz mentioned about writing down Subnetting sheet....YES it is possible. You are not allowed to take electronic stuff inside the DEN, but you can borrow a rough sheet & pen ...As soon as u r in...u have 5 - 10 mins to relax & feel the testing engine....THAT IS THE TIME when u jot down & prepare your cheat sheet....
Hope this helps....
Wish me luck for my CCNA...
More
19 years 3 months ago #6991 by kronos_3000
BLACKGOTH
Quote"One glaring omission from the Book labs is that they do not tell you to end the lab simulation with copy running-config startup-config. During the first exam I wondered what was going wrong. I struggled with the two exam labs because of this and I believe that if you get them wrong you will fail the exam."Unquote

I think that is one of the biggest tips for the exam....Guys I think we should all note that...ALWAYS, ALWAYS copy run star unless stated not required...
More
19 years 3 months ago #7006 by pothead
also...this is important...do not forget to exit at the end...i'v heard stories whre pple lost points cuz they didn;t exit out of the router...its on cisco's diss. boards...one of the posts...u need to treat the sims exactly like you would real routers.....

and AT the test centre...make sure you get there a bit earlier...and ASK for more than one erase board...its completey ok to do so, and it'll be better to have more than one board than have to erase on one board and waste time.....

second...make sure your finish your sims...they're weighted the most....miss one sim and you're finished. The weightage is: Sims, drag-and-drop, multiple choice. So spend your time accordingly. Just MAKE SURE you finish your sims....you could even miss a LOT of multiple choice questions, but if you get your sims and drag-and-drop right, you still have a pretty good chance of passing...

lastly, relax when you take the test. I know it sounds dumb, but trust me...shaking like mad and sweating and worrying will not help you keep a clear and focused mind. So, relax.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds