Skip to main content

Need Some Good Advice.

More
19 years 4 months ago #6342 by Scorpio
hi everyone , good day.

It's been two years since i've completed my CCNA and MCSE 2000 but hardly practise it in real life environment. I'm working in a manufacturing Company as an administrator so it's hard for me to practise with live routers or servers. As I feel i need more exposure in real IT stuffs, hence I have planned to hop Job and this time i would like to work in an IT vendor company. To prepare my self to cater for vendor environment I need some expert advice from you guys whom actually exposed to the real IT world. Secondly i've also planned to pursue my cisco certification to CCNP, as such please advice me a good study strategy to do this. I hope to get a favourable reply from everyone in this forum.

Thank you in advanced.
More
19 years 4 months ago #6373 by theemadnes
Can you be a little more specific when you say "it" and "vendor" environments?

Plus, if you're working as an admin, it really helps to be proficient in networking, which it appears you are anyways ;)

I just took my CCNA and DA a little while back. Right now I'm a SAN engineer for a big vendor doing implementations, and even if i'm not really working in a whole lot of IP environments per se, I still use alot of the fundamentals for things like FCIP or iFCP when tunneleing fibre channel over IP packets, and of course speaking unix is a must.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds