Skip to main content

Preparing for CCNA on your own (Self-Study).

More
19 years 4 months ago #6379 by amitchopra
dear
checkout the forum which indicate "Choosing the best certification"
the last update was done by myside and u find ur reply how u can
do that...

I waiting your response

Amit Chopra
More
19 years 4 months ago #6382 by theemadnes
Self-study is the best way to do it, IMO for the CCNA. That doesn't necessarily hold true for all exams, but the CCNA will work this way.

My recommendation:

Read the Cisco Press CCNA Study Guide, practice everything on your routers/switches (or NetSim), and when you are about to take the exam, get one of those practice tests from Boson, and also review the test engine provided in the Cisco Press book.
More
19 years 4 months ago #6386 by sahirh
I would suggest the following:

1. Pick up a good book (I'm partial to Todd Lammle's CCNA Study Guide).
2. Do all the configs on your router / switches.. try password resets, configuring interfaces, routing protocols etc
3. If you have a Lab simulator, you can try out CCNA specific labs. I liked the Boson router simulators quite a bit.

Wait for a bit and our free Cisco lab will be available for you to book for practice in a live environment.

I would say about a month is good for the CCNA if you've already got some background knowledge.. As I see it, ensure that you can pass the labs that you get in the exam and you will easily pass the whole exam.

Also spend time with the theory.. learn how to subnet properly.. its important.

Cheers and good luck mate !

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 4 months ago #6394 by saidfrh
Replied by saidfrh on topic free resources from Cisco
Cisco Opens Free CCNA Prep Center Pilot To All
www.cisco.com/go/prepcenter
More
19 years 4 months ago #6541 by pothead
Hey,
I had another question....I coming along pretty well with the books...and am starting on the actual routers...my question was, that as far as the sims on the actual test goes...can they test anything from the book...specifically...do they ask you to configure WAN stuff (FR, PtP, ISND) or do they simply stick with configuring the routing protocols ???

Given that they provide the commands to configure WAN, Im assuming it could be there- I just wanted to make sure if I should concentrate on the routing protocols/switiching more than configuring WAN stuff. Thanks again.
More
19 years 4 months ago #6636 by pothead
hey all..i had one more question....after you give your exam...and u get your results...do you get to know what questions you got right or wrong? or for the sims..do u get to know WHY you got the sims wrong....because i was on ciscos site and i read that pple got sims wrong just because they forgot to put copy run start at the end, or forgot no shutdown.....
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds