Skip to main content

CCNA Exam via Prometric - Big problems with testing software

More
19 years 4 months ago #6299 by gl0bal
Sat my CCNA (640-801) on Saturday at a testing centre via Prometric. What a nightmare. The CCNA test software crashed meaning that I had to wait over 30 minutes before the test was reloaded and ready to go. :evil:

Unfortunately the end result did not make me any happier as I missed the pass mark by 6 points.

When I brought up this issue with the testing centre they said that they were having a lot of problems with the CCNA testing software from Prometric and that I had to talk to Prometric but there probably wouldn't be any compensation (I was asking for a free resit).

I am not blaming the software for missing the pass mark this time but my point here is if the testing software is so bad in running and there are known problems how can I trust that it scored me, or any other candidate correctly?

Anyway I'm not letting them win as I am booking in for a resit this Saturday and I will pass!

Any one doing their CCNA testing with Prometric - watch out!
More
19 years 4 months ago #6309 by sahirh
Yes alot of people have complained about this before..
One guy had posted here about something really wierd that happened on his lab simulation questions.. something about the commands stopped working or the ip addresses were not showing in the running config etc....

Strangeness..

They should just give you a real router to work with :P..

That'll stop all the wierd franchisee places from springing up as well.. yknow the guys who run the software on 486 dx2 66's with 32 MB RAM.

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 4 months ago #6310 by The_Berzerker
Go for a pearson vue test.
I had my CCNA test on pearson vue software and i had no problem at all. If people complain about the prometric software and it has known problems then avoid prometric testing centers :wink: that's what i would do
Cheers....
More
19 years 4 months ago #6333 by gl0bal
I agree Berzerker, known problems = work around/solution required. Yup, I'll be using Pearson Vue after my resit for future testing.

Only reason I went for Prometric was I had sat my MCP/A+ etc tests at the same test centre so felt comfortable there.

Lesson to be learned, never get too comfortable.

Had a chat with the testing centre and they went to Prometric on my behalf for a credit towards my next resit. But no joy there, so I am forking out for the resit and sitting it this Saturday.

See y'all on the other side.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds