Skip to main content

Am I wasting my money ???? CCNA

More
19 years 4 months ago #6242 by stomper
I have just come back from my college and I am not happy I have passed every end of chapter tests so far with flying colours that’s because I study hard every night for about 4hrs..
Well any way back to the point tonight my college tutor gave as a cdr and he said it covers all the power points and over stuff on it.
So I checked it out and the cd r contains all the questions and answers which will be in the end of modules tests.
The reason I went to college is because I did not wont to be a paper ccna and I thought that my future employer would look at my ccna see that I went to college and I studied hard for it. not just bought it.

I am now thinking about not going to college and studying at home for the ccna is this possible. as at the moment I am paying £390 per semester over 2 years that’s £1560 for the certificate. Or should I stick with the college your advice would be helpful :roll:
:roll:
More
19 years 4 months ago #6246 by The_Berzerker
Hey Stomper, welcome to the forum,
In my opinion there are two perspectives in your question. First, if you just want to obtain the ccna in order to prove your knowledge on cisco equipment, or if you have work experience on cisco equipment or even have a cisco router and switch at home then you can stay at home study for your ccna and go for it...... But on the other hand if you don't have any work experience, the ccna course at your college (must be the CNAP) must have a lot of hands on training which is good... You have to decide, know that a lot of people going for cisco certifications buy their own equipment and stay at home and study.....
Hope i helped and good studying....
PS. I don't think your boss will care how you obtained your CCNA but if you have any work experience on CISCO equipment.
More
19 years 4 months ago #6269 by Dudbolt
Replied by Dudbolt on topic Paper CCNA's
Stomper,

I teach the CNAP course and this is not the first time that i have heard of tutors giving out the end of module answers. Under the terms of the CNAP, tutors are not allowed to give the questions out to students.

I can only imagine how frustrating this is for you. Would it be possible for you to transfer to another college?

If i can be of any help, drop me a mail garrett[at]dudbolt[.]com

Cheers

Db
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds