Skip to main content

get sum experience or go for ccnp?

More
19 years 10 months ago #4345 by hdo
i just got my ccna a few weeks ago, so i've decided to look for some job openings, it seems that employers want ccnp with couple years of experience so should i go get my ccnp then go work or just get sum exp. for now then study ccnp later. i've noticed that there are lots of ccna its like they reproduce like rats because its just so easy to pass it... any advice?
More
19 years 9 months ago #4354 by jhun
hi

just one question....is it really that easy to pass?...i'm planning to take my ccna sometime within the next two months...

by the way, any tips that you could share? it would be most highly appreciated...thnaks so much..
More
19 years 9 months ago #4355 by sahirh
Uhm.... definetely get some experience... you dont want to become just another paper cert that has never done anything in the real world... and the CCNP is not so simple if you've never actually worked with networks..as Chris put it to me once -- it really shows you how little they teach you for the CCNA...

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 9 months ago #4358 by jhun
hi

i agree with sahihr. there is no better way to learn things than through experience and this is where you could apply what you have learn from your CCNA experience. there is no better training ground than the real world of networking. so try some stuff out in the working industry and after some time get the CCNP cert.
More
19 years 9 months ago #4388 by Chris
I must agree with all of you. The CCNP is certainly no 'easy' certification that you can just pass using cheatsheets and dumps.

It requires rock solid understanding on all the CCNA material, plus the new material you will be given. The CCNP exam is highly regarded and consists of 4 (if I remember correctly) exams, covering switching, routing, support and remote access, plus a few more topics.

If your already dealing with large cisco networks, be sure that your covering a large amount of the material you'll be studing during the CCNP, and as Sahir said.... I've discovered a while back how little the CCNA teaches you when you look at it from a CCNP's prospective!

In my everyday workload, I deal with a lot of Catalyst switches that implement technologies the CCNA skims through. Take for example the VLAN topic.... the material covered by the CCNA is a perhaps only 10% of that the CCNP covers!

Experience is the key here. Nothing beats it!

Closing, because we understand it is not possible to obtain experience if you haven't got access to such equipment, we are already undergoing major plans to solve that big problem most of you have :) (hint - hint)

Cheers,

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds