Skip to main content

CCNA: Lab or Virtual Lab

More
19 years 11 months ago #4031 by imonfya
I'm a student going for a Network Engineering Degree /w Network Security as my minor. I just started CCNA 1 and I was talking to another student in one of my other networking classes and he recommends going on ebay and buying a CCNA Lab Kit. I was browsing the forums over the past couple days I saw something about Virtual Lab kits and I would like to get opinions and suggestions. Price isn't such a big factor, because I'm just going to put it on my tax return as a educational deductible :D .

Right now I have a Dell 1.8ghz\256mb ram with WinXP Pro and Redhat Linux 9 (which I'm also trying to learn) and an old Dell 233mhz\128mb running Win 2k Pro. I also plan on buying a laptop in replace of my current machine while upgrading the current machine to a file server in the next 6 months but I have no idea what kind of setup to do.

Thanks
More
19 years 11 months ago #4037 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: CCNA: Lab or Virtual Lab
You could get yourself a router simulator.. it can simulate a large number of IOS based devices, switches, routers, etc...

and you wont need to change your hardware at all

Cheers,

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #4041 by imonfya
Any suggestions on which simulator?
More
19 years 11 months ago #4043 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: CCNA: Lab or Virtual Lab
Boson is good

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 8 months ago #4903 by jhun
Replied by jhun on topic Re: CCNA: Lab or Virtual Lab
hi

any suggestions on how to get a hands on experience on routers for the CCNA exam? what model is best for practicing on?..are simulators good enough?...
More
19 years 4 months ago #6605 by SSJ5
Replied by SSJ5 on topic Re: CCNA: Lab or Virtual Lab
hi,

where can i find this simulators? Are they free? If not, can you suggest one simulator which is free?
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds