Skip to main content

ip address

More
20 years 2 weeks ago #3413 by Dudbolt
Replied by Dudbolt on topic Subnet Zero woes
It is true that Cisco tell you not to use subnet zero and yet they have it enabled. It actually gets worse as i teach CCNA 1-4 whist studying CCNP!!! In CCNP you can use subnet zero. There are times when my brain wants to drip out of my head!!!!!

Garrett
More
20 years 2 weeks ago #3414 by sahirh
Replied by sahirh on topic Re: ip address
Oh in the CCNP they allow subnet zero ? Thats so random of them. I actually like s/n 0, its just more logical.. especially to anyone who uses computers much.. do you ever count in hex ?

A
B
C
D
E
F

Ever asked a cabbie for 3B back in change ?

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
More
19 years 11 months ago #3930 by mew
Replied by mew on topic Re: ip address
Not only can you use subnet zero you can use the all ones as well.

Go to Cisco.com and do a search for subnet zero or just click this link.

www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/tec...186a0080093f18.shtml
More
19 years 11 months ago #3935 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Re: ip address
I can confirm that Cisco assumes Subnet 0 is not usable on the latest CNNA course as I was teaching it a few months ago. I really do not see this changing in the near future either.

The fact the CCNP does make use of Subnet 0 also makes some sence. A CCNA candidate cannot be compared with a CCNP candidate in terms of knowledge and experience, and I believe that Cisco also see's it in a similar way, by 'allowing' the use of Subnet 0 in the CNNP course.

Topics like subnetting and IP Addressing run in the vains of a CCNP, where as a CCNA usually hears these networking terms and turn the other way :!:

Chris Partsenidis.
Founder & Editor-in-Chief
www.Firewall.cx
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds