More
14 years 11 months ago #30206 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Unload some books
Money is the root of all evil
Books are the root of all knowlege
More
14 years 11 months ago #30211 by Goddard
Replied by Goddard on topic Re: Unload some books
I think you are missing the point. An old book is old knowledge. Worthless. Money equals new books which is not worthless. Now your fighting a loosing battle if you post again. hahah anyone want to buy a book?

I gotta figure this stuff out....
More
14 years 11 months ago #30212 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: Unload some books
Then why would someone want to buy that old book if it contains old knowledge? ;-)

Just as you don't want it...just as it is worthless to you, no one else (who is smart with his/her money) will want to buy it either as it will also be worthless to them ;-)
More
14 years 11 months ago #30219 by TheBishop
Replied by TheBishop on topic Re: Unload some books
Perhaps it's my age, but I find it very useful to keep key books to refer to as there's simply too much knowledge to carry it all around in my head. I'm not saying to mindlessly keep every old book you ever owned but a well-stocked shelf can be, and often has been, a lifesaver.
More
14 years 11 months ago #30231 by Goddard
Replied by Goddard on topic Re: Unload some books

Then why would someone want to buy that old book if it contains old knowledge? ;-)

Just as you don't want it...just as it is worthless to you, no one else (who is smart with his/her money) will want to buy it either as it will also be worthless to them ;-)

I think you need to re-read the post my friend. Old information to me may be new information to another. The book itself isn't old, just old to me.

I agree with you bishop, but I prefer computers to books. Ebooks are the way of the future. Save a tree! haha

I gotta figure this stuff out....
More
14 years 11 months ago #30245 by KiLLaBeE
Replied by KiLLaBeE on topic Re: Unload some books
You're missing my point, but I will not elaborate any further. Sorry. We've gone too far off the topic and more into an unproductive argument. You'll have to reread my responses and think critically about them yourself if you truely want to understand. But if you don't care, my initial answer to your question was listed above.

Good luck in whatever route you choose to take.
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds