Skip to main content

hello everyone....

More
15 years 11 months ago #26132 by swanandkulkarni
Hello...My name is Swanand Kulkarni. I am from Pune,India. I was just surfing casually when i came accross this wonderful site. Immediately registered for the same.

I am preparing for CCNA, MCSE and RHCE Certs.
I have joined HCL for the same. The teaching quality is really good.
My trainer is himself a CCIE, MCSE, CCSA(Checkpoint) We get the authorised pressbooks, and other data also.

However, I am a bit skeptic about it as I am a commerce graduate.
I am worried whether companies will accept me only on my certifications.

Also, would like to know

a) What would be my career path?
b) What would be the kind of remuneration I would be getting.

People tell me that in this field only experience is what that counts.
How true is it?

The Beauty of the Originality.....

Is in the Originality of its beauty.
More
15 years 11 months ago #26133 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: hello everyone....
It goes both ways, but I know several people that make a good living only having certifications. I would think managers would look for certifications for their tech people and college degrees for other managers/project managers/etc.
More
15 years 11 months ago #26135 by swanandkulkarni
Hey, skepticals. Thanks for the quick response. So you mean to say,
that the college degree wont be of much importance after i get these certs? Also if You think of the future, i mean when i have a family to caress, do you feel these certs. will bring me that money?
Of course i will not be happy just with these. Have an aim of completing CCIE also. What do you suggest?

The Beauty of the Originality.....

Is in the Originality of its beauty.
More
15 years 11 months ago #26145 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: hello everyone....
Honestly, I would say get a degree too. It was too hard for me to decide too; so I got a degree and a few low level certifications...now I am starting on my certifications. You can't go wrong by having a degree AND the certifications. Plus, you never know what you will do in the future. Also, certifications expire (depending on the cert), but a degree lasts forever.

If it wouldn't be too difficult for you, I would start on getting a degree and certifications. I would think certifications would help you short term and the degree would help you long term.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds