Skip to main content

CCNA is over.

More
16 years 5 months ago #23902 by skepticals
CCNA is over. was created by skepticals
I took the CCNA about two weeks ago and failed with an 81%. I freaked out on the SIMS and that messed up my time and I cried like a baby through the test after that...haha. True story.

I took the exam again yesterday and passed with 1000/1000. I think that the grading messed up on the machine or something. I know I studied a great deal, but there was also some luck involved.

I was told to chew gum while taking the test to calm my nerves. Think I owe this to the Big Red gods? I also slammed a can of Mt. Dew before the test. This seems to jump start my brain.

I wonder if others would agree with me on this: I find that there are two parts to my study technique. I read books, web sites, forums, etc. until I can't stand it anymore then I take as many practice questions as I can find.

It seems that knowing the information in the book is a different skill than being able to quickly diagnose exam questions. After I failed the first time, I tool about 600 practice questions. This really helped.

I also wanted to thank the people on this forum for putting up with all my questions! I try to contribute as best as I can because I hate when people just want to be spoonfed without helping others.

Thanks!
More
16 years 5 months ago #23908 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: CCNA is over.
Well done and good score

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23911 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: CCNA is over.
Thanks...

and thank for all your help with all my problems Smurf... I really do appreciate it!
More
16 years 5 months ago #23914 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: CCNA is over.

Thanks...

and thank for all your help with all my problems Smurf... I really do appreciate it!

Not a problem matey...

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 5 months ago #23989 by SGee
Replied by SGee on topic Re: CCNA is over.
Congrats on passing. Was that the 640-802 you took or did you take the older version?
More
16 years 5 months ago #24003 by skepticals
Replied by skepticals on topic Re: CCNA is over.
I did the older version because I didn't want to purchase new books and it made me study more :-)
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds