Skip to main content

CISSP increase their requirements

More
16 years 11 months ago #21923 by Smurf
This is off Security Magazines website, click here to view complete article.

From October, the minimum experience requirement for certification will be five years relevant work experience in two or more of the ten domains of the CISSP CBK – a catalogue of information security topics recognised by professionals worldwide.

The training certification group also confirmed that four years of work experience with an applicable university degree or a credential from the (ISC)2 approved list would suffice.

Also effective from October, candidates will be required to obtain an endorsement of their application from an (ISC)2 certified professional.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21929 by KiLLaBeE
How's the cert going for you, btw? I'm sure you've found a lucrative job now ;-).

I read that to keep the cert, you have to attend presentations, write security papers, articles, etc......how's that going for you to?

Thanks for the input.

K
More
16 years 11 months ago #21932 by Smurf
Not bothered looking for a new job just yet, i get married in July so going to wait until after my honeymoon before i decide. Also, there is a job promotion at work which i am going to apply for so i will see how i get on with that.

I do tend to go to technical seminars around security so i have already gained 3 CPE's towards my 120 total that i need within 3 years to maintain my CISSP. Work isn't bad on that front and i am sure over the next 3 years they will let me go on some of the proper ISC2 semiars and i am looking to go to a couple of the SANS seminars in Europe.

I beleive i can also apply for some of the CPE's for being active in this forum but i am looking into that one. I am currently researching best practicies on securing the Pix Version 7 firewall so i may do a paper on that since i have not been able to come across anything on the web. I can then claim some more CPE's for that also.

Thanks for your interest.

Take Care

Wayne

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
16 years 11 months ago #21933 by Alans

i get married in July

congratulation Smurf :wink:

always Face your Fears...
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds