Skip to main content

Which is best?

More
17 years 1 month ago #21109 by eylli
Which is best? was created by eylli
Hello all of you.

I recently have done CCNA, but a friend of mine was blaming me that CCDA is better. What do you think about it?

It is better to continue design certification or begin learning for CCNP

Thanks to all of you

RESPECT
More
17 years 1 month ago #21111 by ashok_nitc
Replied by ashok_nitc on topic Re: Which is best?
i guess it depends on your interest and field you are working in...!!
More
17 years 1 month ago #21113 by toddwoo
Replied by toddwoo on topic Re: Which is best?
I had the very same question. and went looking for answers. A friend of a friend is a CCIE and cotributes to Cisco Press... He said the CCDA cert and knowledge is valuable, and will help you no matter which line you chose to follow... (ie CCNP, CCSP, CCIP) But is not completely necessary for any of the lines.

The opinion i came to after all the people I spoke to and things I read. It's an OK cert to get, Good knowledge to have. but would be superceeded by any of the professional level certs/knowledge. That said I "might" go for the CCDA, but that is only because my position is currently somewhat volitile, and I may want another cert before I go back on the job market. (getting CCNP is would take too long)
More
17 years 1 month ago #21117 by durk21
Replied by durk21 on topic Re: Which is best?
Well CCNA is a step above CCDA. DA is the level below NA it plans the net and NA not only plans the net but maintains it as well. Perhaps your friend is just jealous.

NA does everything a DA does and MORE MUCH MORE.
More
17 years 1 month ago #21119 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: Which is best?
DA & NA are at the same level for Cisco Training. They are both Associate exams which on the career path are at the same level Click Here

I don't think that one could say that DA is harder then NA. I see your point that NA does cover more when it comes to some of the topics however the design exams from all accounts are much tricky(this is what i am told from an instructor).

Bare in mind that they are completely different paths and cover different aspects (i.e. Designing a network/implementing a network).

Its like saying "MCP in Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Environment" and "MCP in Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure" are not the same, they are the same level of certification, i.e. an MCP and they are studies in different things so its very hard to quantify one being more difficult to the other.

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 4 weeks ago #21129 by eylli
Replied by eylli on topic Re: Which is best?
Thanks to all of you

I consolidated an idea
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds