Skip to main content

CCNA Exam Path

More
17 years 1 month ago #20459 by mjhodge
CCNA Exam Path was created by mjhodge
I am looking to get CCNA qualified, I have been working within the networking area for a few years, mainly on LAN switching and Firewalls. I am very week on the theory bits OSI 7 Layer model etc, frame realy ( does anybody still use that ) and routing protocols OSPF/RIP/EIGRP etc. I have the Cisco books and hopefully the Boson sim will help out.

Anyway, I would like to take opinions on which exam path to take the INTRO + ICND or straight into the CCNA, pros and cons of each path appreciated.
More
17 years 1 month ago #20464 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: CCNA Exam Path
I've done the INTRO + ICND track. It's nice and I passed on first attempt. But did not try CCNA one shot exam, So can't compare. My impression is that Cisco created the new INTRO + ICND exam because many people felt the single exam was overwelming. However, there are many people who have done very well in the single exam from first attempt.

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
17 years 1 month ago #20547 by buulam
Replied by buulam on topic Re: CCNA Exam Path
You'll want to brush up on your routing protocols if you don't think you're up to par but with 4 years experience, you shouldn't have a problem with the composite otherwise.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds