Skip to main content

CCNP - BCMSN, Which book?

More
17 years 2 months ago #20346 by toddwoo
Hello all,

I just passed my CCNA (hurray for me!) And am looking forward to the CCNP. My company is letting me do more and more in the network areas of my job, and the network guys love me because I help with the trivial tasks in exchange for experience with the more advanced stuff. Hopefully this will be, or lead to enough hands on experience to get my CCNP.

BUT, i would like to get started as early as possible and that means getting me a good book. Cisco Press was good to me so I'll stick with them.. but which one???

The "self study guide"
www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp...=1587052733&rl=1

or the

The "Exam Certification guide"
www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp...=1587201712&rl=1

Either one good? Both? Neither? Something else a better value?

Any help, suggestions or comments would be great.... As I can't find much searching for reviews here or elsewhere.

Thanks.
More
17 years 2 months ago #20351 by Smurf
Replied by Smurf on topic Re: CCNP - BCMSN, Which book?
I personally agree with the Cisco Press books. I like them aswell and tend to use the "Self Study" CISCO Press books. If you can afford them both then i would do that, i do like as many resources to my disposal while doing self study for exams.

If work are also willing to pay for you through the CCNP track, then i would look at the NetG (Knowledge Net) online stuff. I think this stuff is fantastic, its not cheap, but you can pay for 12months online access to all the Cisco content.

I beleive that the knowledge net instructors write material for Cisco towards their Cisco Course Material (what i heard off someone).

Cheers

Wayne

Wayne Murphy
Firewall.cx Team Member
www.firewall.cx

Now working for a Security Company called Sec-1 Ltd in the UK, for any
Penetration Testing work visit www.sec-1.com or PM me for details.
More
17 years 2 months ago #20373 by toddwoo
Thanks for the advice... I'll probably go wth the self study guide.. both for all 4 tests is just too much.
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds