Skip to main content

Active Directory books worth reading?

More
17 years 3 months ago #19849 by KiLLaBeE
Hello,

I understand that most networks will be Windows-based and run Active Directory. I noticed that there are books on Windows Server 2003/2000 and books on Active Directory, possibly signifying that Active Directory is important, complex, and powerful enough to deserve a whole book. In that note, would you recommend reading/studying an Active Directory book in an effort to "master" Active Directory?

Have any of you read or considered reading a book on Active Directory?

Would the in depth knowledge gained from such a book be useful when a complex Active Directory issue is encountered, or would such a book only reiterate Active Directory concepts covered with regular MCSE/MCSA books?

Thank you for your response.

K
More
17 years 3 months ago #19854 by Starfire
nnbnbThere's always the knowledge base at support.microsoft.com/search/default.asp...e+directory&adv= .

Without trawling through 200 odd articles myself I am sure there should be good info there.

Not being on the MCSE route, I would imagine there are tons of AD books out there though which ones are good ones I know not.

Anyone know of any particularly good ones ? Downloadable pdf links would be good :D
More
17 years 3 months ago #19866 by KiLLaBeE
I have a few AD PDF books. I just dont want to spend time reading any of them if they're just going to reiterate the same material that other books do.

K
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds