Skip to main content

networking related placements

More
17 years 3 months ago #19612 by skylimit
Hi all, I've just come to a point in my studies at Uni when i have to do a year industrial placement (work experience). Unfortunately i havent had much luck in my search. I wonder if anyone could suggest companies, organisations, agencies (general info) to me in this regard pls. Im resident in the UK. Replies will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

PS: Im on a network management and design course

"...you are never too old to learn" anon
More
17 years 3 months ago #19622 by TheBishop
It's a long time ago since I did mine. Statistically speaking, if you approach the big companies you should have more chance of finding a division or group that has placements, although I know of several people that obtained excellent placements with little one-horse outfits and were offered permanent jobs afterward. In my day, Universities maintained a network of contacts with suitable employers and 'found' you potential hosts to approach. It might be worth having a word internally
More
17 years 3 months ago #19623 by Starfire
Head for the big, possibly public companies. Councils are good and possibly NHS. Companies like BT are now are centralised with the main networking stuff being based out of Leeds I believe whilst on the ground stuff is done by a seperate arm.

Don't be afraid to spam your letters out far and wide and do it as soon as you can or other consciencious students will get the drop on you and get those juicy places.

Good Luck
More
17 years 3 months ago #19627 by skylimit
thanks for the replies. I'll act pronto....more replies appreciated

"...you are never too old to learn" anon
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds