Skip to main content

Wish me luck!

More
17 years 3 months ago #19593 by Raytheon
Wish me luck! was created by Raytheon
Long time reader, first time poster, I've found this site by chance and became pretty interested in the some of the topics of discussion in the forums.

Anywho, CCNA is scheduled for next Friday. I'm taking the composite test (call me lazy, but I don't think they'll focus too much in one area if I test this way) I'm very confident in subnetting, ports and protocols, STP, VLAN's, trunking, and IP access lists.
I've actually got a year hands-on experience working as a government contractor for the army, managing a variety of cisco routers and switches. Although it seems like a lot of the work I do (updating access lists via CW2K, troubleshooting loss of connectivity problems, and other random things) don't seem to be too much in the material I've read from the CCNA books.

I'm 21 with a year of experience under my belt, no college, and I self-studied the books. I think I'm ready, but as you can tell, I'm a bit wet behind the ears network-wise. I'd like some additional help on what people who have taken the test think I should focus on. OSI? Subnetting? The labs?

Any help would be usefull! Thanks!
More
17 years 3 months ago #19597 by Starfire
Replied by Starfire on topic Re: Wish me luck!
gluck :D

Come back let us know how you got on.
More
17 years 3 months ago #19601 by S0lo
Replied by S0lo on topic Re: Wish me luck!
I'd say getting your hands on allot of exam questions. It can help, cisco exams have a certain style that you might want to get used to. For me, exam question helped me allot.

One thing, The exam is one way, that is, you can't go back to a previous question and change your answer. This is the case for the 2 exams (INTRO and INCD), So I'm not sure about the other, one exam track.

Good luck :)

Studying CCNP...

Ammar Muqaddas
Forum Moderator
www.firewall.cx
More
17 years 3 months ago #19613 by Raytheon
Replied by Raytheon on topic Re: Wish me luck!
Cool, I've got a lot of Test King material and have been doing practice material on the Cisco website.

That whole part about not being able to go back on the test I've heard also. Not a big fan of that, but I guess they have to in order to use other questions and not give away answers for previous questions. What I mainly don't like, is the material is hard enough to learn, but from what I've seen, the questions throw grammatical loops at you as well. Such as "How man usable IP's addresses" as opposed to "How many total IP addresses" and such. Guess I'll just have to be careful :P
More
17 years 3 months ago #19856 by shanepaul
Replied by shanepaul on topic Re: Wish me luck!
When are yr exams? Wish u luk.
More
17 years 3 weeks ago #21294 by watsan
Replied by watsan on topic A+
Good Luck
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds