Skip to main content

What do you do for a living?

More
20 years 4 months ago #1944 by Kn1ght
What do people do for a living here? Just curious to see what the average person does who comes to this site and is active.

Thanks
More
20 years 4 months ago #1947 by sahirh
You'll find most of the people who come to this site are network / system administrators. Initially a lot of the visitors were network certification aspirants (because of the quality of the networking material on the site).. so you'll find prospective Network+, MCSE, CCNA and CCNP types. Now we also seem to get a lot of administrators and network engineers.. probably because of these forums.

Honestly theres nothing better than a good forum or newsgroup for finding answers to questions you might have. Thats why a lot of them seem to post here.

You also see just general computer types -- the kinda people who are very enthusiastic or passionate about technology and networking.

As for me, I do freelance security and penetration testing work. but it doesn't earn that much of a living ;) still.. its getting better. I've also done a stint in network administration. You can read about all the firewall.cx team members on the team page:
The Team Page

Oh and I also teach the guitar :)

Sahir Hidayatullah.
Firewall.cx Staff - Associate Editor & Security Advisor
tftfotw.blogspot.com
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds